Qingchuan Pavilion, also known as Qingchuan Tower, is located in Qingchuan Street, Hanyang District, Wuhan City. It is situated on Yugongji, on the North Bank of the Yangtze River and at the foot of Guishan Mountain. It is bordered by Hanshui in the north and Yangtze River in the east.
The Qingchuan Pavilion Scenic Area covers an area of about 10,000 square meters and is triangular in plane. It consists of Qingchuan Pavilion, Yuji Xinggong Palace, Tiemenguan three main buildings and Yubei Pavilion, Chaozongting Pavilion, Chuboting Pavilion, Jingchu Xiongfeng Stele, Dunbentang Stele and a dozen subsidiary buildings, such as archway, riverside barge and winding corridor. Qingchuan Pavilion Scenic Area and Wuchang Yellow Crane Tower Jiajiang, Jiangnan Jiangbei, pavilions confront each other, each other as a foil, is magnificent, known as the "Three Chu scenic spots".
The four-sided pavilions are opposite, the only one on the Yangtze River. In 2002, it was approved as a national AAA tourist scenic spot. The Qingchuan Pavilion was first built by Fan Zhizhi of the Zhifu of Hanyang in the Ming and Jiajing Dynasties when he repaired the Yuji Xinggong Palace (formerly Yuwang Temple) which was built in the Shaoxing Period of Southern Song Dynasty (1131). It was named after the sentence "Hanyang Tree" in Cui Ji's Yellow Crane Tower. Now it is a key cultural relic protection unit in Wuhan.
Qingchuan Pavilion was built in Jiajing period of Ming Dynasty. Its name was derived from the Tang Dynasty poet Cui Hao's poem "Hanyang Tree in Qingchuan calendar". It has the reputation of "Four Famous Buildings of Chu". Because of the confrontation with the Yellow Crane Tower on the other side across the river, it is called "Sanchu Scenic Spot".
Having been destroyed many times, the present cabinet was rebuilt in 1985 according to the pattern of the Qing Guangxu period. It covers 386 square meters and is 17.5 meters high. Its bottom level is 5 wide, and its depth is 4; its top level is 3 wide and its depth is 2. Ma Shi Taiji, red wall Zhu Zhu Zhu, double eaves Xie Hilltop black tube tile roof, reinforced concrete wood-like structure, doors and windows railings for wood, painted with vermilion paint.
The four corners of the roof protrude outwards, deep out of the eaves, high up. The front archway hangs the "Qingchuan Pavilion" gold-lettered plaque. Its north side is "Garden in Garden". The garden has green grass, green bamboo and lush trees, rugged thin rocks, quiet and elegant.
Yuji Xinggong Palace is located in the southwest side of Qingchuan Pavilion, formerly known as Yuwang Temple, which was built in Shaoxing of Southern Song Dynasty and was destroyed several times. The existing buildings were renovated in Tongzhi three years (1864). It covers an area of 350 square meters. Its building is a hard-Hill brick-wood structure with a bay-head tiled roof with a concave curve on the roof. The two sides of the central axis are connected with the palace chamber to form a rectangular patio.
On the West side, there is a courtyard with a hexagonal savings spire pavilion built outside the courtyard. In the pavilion, Mao Hui was built in 1770, which was inscribed in the thirty-fifth year of Qianlong reign of Qing Dynasty. Yuji Xinggong Palace is one of the famous scenic spots in Wuhan, which is composed of the old building complex with the rebuilt Tiemen Gate and Qingchuan Pavilion.
History of Qingchuan Pavilion
Founded in Jiajing from 26th to 28th year (1547-1549 AD), Fan Zhizhu, the Zhifu of Hanyang at that time, advocated the construction of the Yuzhen Palace in order to remember the merits and virtues of Dayu in water control. The word "Qingchuan" in the name was taken from the poem "Qingchuan calendar Hanyang tree" in the Tang Dynasty poet Cui Hai's Yellow Crane Tower. Since its inception, the pavilion and the Yuji Xinggong Palace have been built and abolished several times. In the 400 years from Jiajing to now, five major repairs and additional construction have been carried out, and two reconstruction have been carried out. The last rebuilding was conducted by Shouzhong Qian of Hanyang County in 1864, three years of Tongzhi reign in the Qing Dynasty. In 1935, the Qingchuan Pavilion was blown down by the wind, and the Yuji Xinggong Palace survived. In 1983, the Wuhan Municipal People's Government organized the renovation of the Yuji Palace and rebuilt the Qingchuan Pavilion. The existing buildings were designed by Wuhan Architectural Design Institute based on the historical photographs and site scope of Qingchuan Pavilion in the late Qing Dynasty.
Architectural Characteristics of Qingchuan Pavilion
After reconstruction, the Qingchuan Pavilion covers an area of 386 square meters, 17.5 meters high, with stone foundation, red wall and Zhuzhu pillars, reinforced concrete imitation wood structure, attic is of heavy eaves and hilltop type, and there is still a water riding tower in front of the roof. The inscription "Qingchuan Pavilion" is inscribed on the plaque. Its regulation has been slightly expanded, the whole pavilion is divided into two floors, along the eaves corridor. Its bottom layer is five rooms wide and 20.8 meters long, and four rooms deep and 16 meters wide. Taiming expands 0.7 meters from the center of eaves and pillars, with a platform area of 386.28 square meters. Qingchuan Pavilion vividly reproduces the magnificent features of Chu people who built pavilions and pavilions on the platform in accordance with the situation of mountains, and is full of rich Chu culture. Two-tier eaves and four-corner copper bells, ringing in the wind; dragon-shaped ornaments at both ends of the ridge, curling in the air, flying in spirit; plain and clean powder wall, gray tube tiles; two-tier corridors, cylindrical vermilion paint; bucket arch girder frame, body painting; couplet plaques, letters affixed with gold. In general, the decoration components of Qingchuan Pavilion are mainly wood and stone, and glass and a small amount of metal parts are used in doors and windows.
Yuji Xinggong (Yuwang Palace), originally named Dayu Temple, is one of the few representative wooden buildings of Qing Dynasty in Wuhan.
Founded by Sinong Shaoqing Zhang Tiren in Shaoxing (1131) of Southern Song Dynasty, it became a place for worshiping Dayu in all dynasties of Wuhan.
It was rebuilt in the eighth year of Yuan Dade (1304 A.D.).
Tomorrow during the Kainian period (1621-1627 AD), the Dayu Temple was transformed into "Yuji Xinggong Palace". On the basis of the original sacrifice to Dayu, the ancestors such as Houji, Boyi, Bayuan and Bakai were sacrificed.
The existing buildings were rebuilt in Tongzhi two years of the Qing Dynasty (AD 1863). In 1984, they were renovated according to the principle of "maintaining the status quo and restoring the status quo".
Iron gate pass
Tiemen Gate was built in the Three Kingdoms period, "Wu and Wei contend, set about this." During the centuries from the Three Kingdoms period to the early Tang Dynasty, Tiemen Gate was an important military fortress in Wuhan. It had experienced many fierce battles. In the four years of Tang Wude (621 A.D.), after the building of brick city in Hanyang, the military role of Tiemen Gate was weakening day by day, and it became an important channel for cultural, economic and trade exchanges. In the late Ming Dynasty, Tiemen Gate was destroyed, leaving only earth-based walls. In the early Qing Dynasty, Emperor Guan Temple was built on the remaining soil foundation. In the early Republic of China, the relics of Tiemen Gate, together with the temples, became ruins because of the war. In December 1990, the Iron Gate was rebuilt. The reconstructed gate covers an area of 800 square meters and has a height of 26 meters. The wall is made of red sand and stone, the inner structure of the wall is reinforced concrete, the eaves of the city building are warped and the wing angles are raised, showing a strong national style.
Chu Po Ting
It was built in the Ming Dynasty to commemorate Dayu's water harnessing. It was rebuilt in 1986 as a fan-shaped warm pavilion.
"Jingchu Xiongfeng" Stele
This stele was inscribed in the thirty-fifth year of the Qianlong reign of the Qing Dynasty (1770 A.D.) by Li Ba, the envoy of Jingnan Observatory. The inscription is a tribute to the people of Jingchu and their indomitable struggle against floods and floods.
Chao Ting Pavilion
Legend has it that Dayu succeeded in water control. There is a saying in Shangshu Yugong that Dayu governed the water by "emperor of Jianghan Dynasty was in the sea". At the end of the Qing Dynasty, four gates were set up in Wuhan, namely, Jiang, Han, Chao and Zong, to manage the water transportation of the Yangtze River and Hanshui, which originated from this.
inscribed tablet attributed to the legendary ruler Yu
According to legend, Dayu's success in water control was commemorated with stone carvings. The 77-character inscription is peculiar and difficult to read. It means that Yu governs water and makes people live and work in peace and contentment. The Yu tablet on the east side of the pavilion was carved in the thirty-fifth year of Qianlong reign of the Qing Dynasty (1770 A.D.).
Visitors are required to line up at the ticket office window to collect tickets (valid on that day). Qingchuan Pavilion has 3000 invoices per day, 2000 in the morning and 1000 in the afternoon.
9:00-17:00 (16:30 stop invoice). Tuesday, the second week of each month, is closed for renovation for one day (except for national holidays) and 15:00 every Thursday.
Take Bus 30, 45, 108, 248, 531, 532, 535, 553, 559, 561, 648, 711 and 803 to get off at Qingchuangge Station on Binjiang Avenue.
Ten Routes to Qingchuan Wharf Station
No. 10, No. 10 all-night line, No. 61, No. 401, No. 402, No. 411, No. 413, No. 584, No. 1 and No. 4 tram are available at Hanyang Bridge Station of Yangtze River Bridge.