Tian Hua Lin is located in the northeast corner of Laowuchang. It is located between the northern foot of the garden hill and the south of the crab pot (also known as Chengshan) in the city wall.
In the history, Yu Hualin refers to the east section connected to the export of Goba. In 1946, the local authorities of Wuchang merged Zhengwei Street and Youjiaxiang, which are west of the Gojiaying Export, into the Huanlin Forest. The name of the street has been inherited ever since.
Now Hualin Street starts from Zhongshan Road in the east and reaches Desheng Bridge in the west. It is 1,200 meters long. It is an old street gradually formed after the expansion of Wuchang City in the 4th year of Ming Hongwu (1371).
The historical buildings of Yuhualin, the best preserved and most intact are modern buildings. Modern Chinese traditional architecture, Western-style architecture, and Chinese-Western architecture have formed the overall architectural style of Yuhualin, showing the blending characteristics of China and the West, so that the cultural exchanges between China and the West are fully reflected in the architecture.
Educational and medical institutions
Yan Chai Hospital
Western-style Church Hospital is the first hospital established for the British Christian London Church charity Yang Gefei and the Chinese Christian Church. It is also a well-preserved hospital after the introduction of modern western hospitals into Wuhan.
Renji Hospital was formerly known as the London Missionary hospital. The hospital was linked to the name of a British missionary, Jang Gefei, who built a chapel in 1861 in Gojia, near Changhualin, and then opened clinics and schools to serve the missionaries and nearby residents. Seven years later, missionaries moved the clinics and schools to Changhualin and expanded them; in 1883, they were officially renamed Ren. Ji Hospital. The building of the hospital is a combination of Chinese and Western brick and wood structure. It has both Renaissance style pillars and Chinese style sunken corridors. The relief design of the stone arch attached to the building is also unique.
Boone Memorial School
Wenhua Academy, founded by the Anglican Church of America on October 20, 1871 in Wuchang, was a boarding school for boys. It was named Wen Huilian Memorial School. It was named Wenhua Academy in Chinese and Boone Memorial School in English.
In 1890, the new high school became a six year comprehensive secondary school. After Zhai Jacob became president in 1901, it developed rapidly. In 1903, a university department was added to gradually develop into Wenhua University. In 1924, it was renamed Huazhong University. In 1951, a public Huazhong University was set up. In 1952, the faculties of higher education in China were readjusted. The two departments of Chemistry and Mandarin of the University of China and private Huazhong University were merged to form Huazhong Normal University (that is, Huazhong Normal University). In 1953, it was named Huazhong Normal College. In 1985, the school was renamed Huazhong Normal University.
The site of Wenhua college is 111, Tan Hua Lin Street, Wuchang. It is now located at Hubei University of traditional Chinese medicine. There are a lot of historical buildings in the campus.
The building is located in No. 5 Building of the Campus of Hubei University of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It was built in 1870. It is a Western-style building. Its colonnade is modeled in the style of ancient Greek colonnade. In 2002, the wooden floor was changed to marble, and the three arch door was changed to square door. The building is a campus chapel built by the American Christian Church at Wenhua University. It ceased religious activities on campus in 1958. It is now owned by the Provincial Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine and serves as the hospital club hall.
The building is unique to the province and is the oldest and longest serving chapel in Hubei campus. During the 1911 Revolution, members of the Nikkei Council, Liu Jingan, Hu Lanting and Yu Rizhang, propagated anti-Qing revolutionary ideas here. In 1906, the song of the student army was created by Zhang Lian's composition and Yu RI Zhang's composition.
Wenhua public library building (Wenhua University)
The library is located in 138-139 Xinhua Lin. It was built around 1920. It is a square, three-storey, brick and wood structure. It is situated in the South and north. It crosses the street and faces the gate of Xia Douyin Mansion (which has been demolished). The building was originally Boone University Gong Shulin (Public Library) library, Hubei is Wuhan's first public library for historic buildings protection unit, the existing library will become an empirical witness history of library development.
Zhai Yage gym
The building is located in Hubei Province Chinese medicine university campus, the first president Zhai Yage original China University (English) name, built in 1921, the Department of mixed Chinese and western wall brick two story building, Chinese style roof, western style house. The building is located at the United Church of Christ episcopal church founded the University for 1871-1903 years, says Boone college in the United States on 1903, registered as Boone University, in 1924 1952 incorporated in Huazhong University of Huazhong Normal University, which is now Hubei University of traditional Chinese medicine.
Ancient buildings and sites
Tan Hua Lin 32
It is a European style building with a single courtyard. It is well preserved and has been filmed in the TV series here. From the door to see the patio, stained glass, carved railings, all shows an exotic atmosphere.
To be leader Liu Gong, in this old house, leading Zhao Shimei Hubei Industrial school three young students, designed the 1911 Revolution flag - "nine horns and eighteen star flag".
The former site of the third Hall of the Political Department of the Military Commission of the National Government
Located in the fourteenth Middle School of Wuhan, the school buildings in the early years of the country. In 1938, the Kuomintang communist cooperation, the Political Department moved to Wuhan, Guo Moruo served as the director of this office was established, a political vice minister Zhou Enlai of the direct leadership of this blend of cultural elite more than 300. At the time of the hall housing mostly has been destroyed, the only brick two storied buildings, staff housing for the year.
In the campus as the viceroy Lin Zexu built Feng Beicang site, 1903 1907, Zhang Zhidong has started public primary school and middle school, 1912 is the first middle school, the property title No. 14 middle school.
Garden Hill is strictly a small hill bag, with dense woods on the mountain, and small roads along the East and south sides. Because of Hubei traditional Chinese medicine university nearby, so from time to time to see some sitting on the lawn, trees and stone edge diligent reading Lang.
Jianuosa sisters of charity Chapel: Garden Hill Jianuosa Chapel of the sisters of charity is a well preserved architecture. The original building is divided into two parts: Chapel and nun residence, with headquarters in Rome. In 1868, the nuns were invited by the bishop of Hubei to send him to Han. We set up branches in Garden Hill, set up public welfare undertakings such as teaching classes, craft houses, and baby sitting hall.
Ying Ying Tong Wan Ying tomb
Located at No. 2 Garden Hill, built in 1928, it is a brick wood structure. The hall was founded by Aiyuan Taoist Church. It entrusted a German lady to preside over it. It began to send the incoming babies out of the hall and hired nurses to nursery them. The survival rate was high. Continue to develop in the future. In 1929, San Hui Hui, a good nun, was established. Its main task is to manage this nursery. "In 1951, a large number of deaths in the hall were exposed, which aroused the indignation of all sectors of society. On June 4, the government took over the hall." Built Wan Wan tomb, buried in the mountain collection of white bones, inscription inscription. Now it is a municipal welfare home for children.
The 10,000-baby tomb built in this area, together with the "Memorial of Dead Babies", has the inscription of Zhang Pinghua and other leading comrades. It is a city cultural relics protection unit and a patriotic education base.
Weng Shouqian's former residence in 1912
Located at No. 75 Xinhua Ling, built around 1895, it is a two-story brick door structure. The original structure and form have changed greatly.
Evolution: Originally Weng Shouqian's residence of Beiyang Mariner in the late Qing Dynasty, it was purchased around 1895, and now it is a private residence.
Weng Shouqian, Fu Jian. He was a Beiyang naval officer. During the Sino Japanese War, many brothers were killed. As the surviving Weng Gong, he later abandoned his official position and lived here in seclusion, devoting himself to Buddhism, probably in order to seek a long-term peace of mind.
Former site of Swedish parish 1890
An arch door, a house in the lane can see the old outline of the house. These buildings are 2 - and 4 story brick and wooden structures. At that time, the Christian Swedish Avenue Association founded the Swedish diocese, and the Hubei General Association was established in Wuhan, where the residence was chosen.
Since then, the Roadway Association has built churches, directors'priest buildings, truth middle schools and so on in Wuhan. At that time, the people of Wuhan believers in the Swedish diocese. During the War of Resistance Against Japan, Wang Jingwei established a puppet government in Wuhan, and the Swedish consulate in China once moved the Consulate here, not only dealing with foreign affairs, but also acting on behalf of Western countries such as Britain and the United States and the puppet government of Wang.
Shi Ying's former residence
Mr. Shi Ying is Sun Yat-sen's close comrade-in-arms and loyal followers. He is the founder and head of the branch of the European League. He has made great contributions to overthrowing the monarchy and establishing the Republic of China.
When Shi Ying was the president of the National Wuchang University, he began to build a two-storey private house in Sanyi Village, Wuchang District. The former residence is a rare residence of the predecessors of the 1911 Revolution in Wuhan. It is of great value to study and display the history of the 1911 Revolution and the development track of Wuhan's famous cities.
This house was built in the 1920s. There were many celebrities such as Dong Biwu, Chen Duxiu, Tao Zhu and Li Siguang.
It is the former residence of Qian Jibo, the famous master of Chinese Studies and educator Mr. Qian Zhongshu.
Park Garden was born in 1936 and was one of the new apartments built by Huazhong University (now Huazhong Normal University). Its first owner is an American professor with blue eyed nose. At that time, there were nearly 100 small buildings similar to Park Park Garden; during the War of Resistance Against Japan, it was once a Japanese gendarmerie headquarters, and the room was transformed into a Japanese-style porch that could be pushed and pulled; by 1946, Qian Kibo entered the altered small building and became one of the households, where he spent the last 11 years of his life. After Qian Jibo's death, it gradually became a dormitory for students and teachers. At most, more than 20 families lived on two floors.
The room Qian Jibo lived in was transformed into an art salon. Today, in the deep coffee background, elegant tables and chairs are interesting with wild reeds and artemisia. The original fireplaces and antique ceiling fans and windows echo each other. Here, the elegance of art pays tribute to the vicissitudes of history, and their encounters immediately burst into infinite elegance. Teachers and students are willing to immerse themselves in the atmosphere created here. Professor of Hubei Academy of Fine Arts once said, "When teachers and students talk about art here, they often forget the time."
Now, at the gate of the small building, the more than 300 year old Pu Shu is very fond of the shade and dyed the window green. On March 4, 2005, in the second batch of excellent historical building catalogues published by Wuhan Municipal Government, Qian Jibo's former residence was rated as a first-class protected building project.
Villa Xu Yuanquan
The villa is located in No. 141 Xinhua Lin (Xu Yuanquan Mansion is recognized as located in Xinzhou, Wuhan, not this villa). There are three existing buildings. They were built around 1930. One is a double-storey building in western style (French villa), the other is a single-storey building in Chinese style, the third is a courtyard building with Chinese brick-concrete structure, and the other is glazed tiles in half-mountain. Corner Pavilion. Three buildings are well protected. The three buildings are Xu Yuanquan's real estate. Before the cultural revolution, it was used by the victory culture troupe of Wuhan military region. Now it is the family housing of the armed police hospital.
Former residence of Yan Daogang
Located at No. 17, Gao Jia lane, built in 1932. Yan Daogang (1889-1973) participated in the Wuchang uprising and the northern expedition in the early years. He was the first director of the Deputy room of the chairman of the National Government and the chief of staff of the Northwest Command of Bandit Suppression. Later, they participated in the underground organization of the Kuomintang and welcomed the liberation activities. After liberation, he was appointed member of the Hubei provincial CPPCC Committee.
Chong Zhen Tang
Located in Camp Gojia No. 44, it was built in 1865 by Pastor Yang Gefei of the British Christian London Church. It was the first Christian church established by foreign powers in Wuchang. In 1924, the church was preserved and maintained. The main body of the church is a single-storey Gothic building in Latin cross shape, which can accommodate 200 people to worship at the same time. The construction of Chong Zhen Tang symbolizes the beginning of the introduction of Christianity (Protestantism) into Wuchang. Nowadays, except Chongzhen Hall, the churches built by Pastor Yang Gefei in Wuhan have disappeared. The historical and cultural value of Chongzhen Hall
Metro: Rail Transit Line 2, crab Cape station A2 exit.
Zhongshan Road Xiechijiao Station Bus: 15 Road; 34 Road; 43 Route; 74 Road; 511 Road; 543 Road; 554 Road; 573 Road; 576 Road; 606 Road; 717 Road; 729 Road; 777 Road; 811 Road